Happy Independence Day, Prüvit Community!
It was on this day in 1776 that America & the Founding Fathers decided to be their own BOSS! These Originals broke the status quo to gain FREEDOM, much like our Prüvit Community. Their vision of BETTER was for them, their families, and ALL generations to come! Today, we lift an ice cold glass of KETO//OS® to those who have pursued BETTER for the red, white, and blue!
BBQ Freedom Ribs
4-5 lbs pork ribs
Dry rub (shown below)
1 large onion, cut into rings
Keto BBQ sauce
3 Tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons of sea sat
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
1. 3 hours prior to cooking, massage dry spice rub into every part of the ribs.
2. Preheat oven to 300°F.
3. Brush seasoned ribs with with 1 cup of Awesome BBQ
4. Sauce & top with raw onion rings.
5. Cover & place in shallow baking sheet, & bake for 2-3 hours.
6. Using tongs, remove ribs from foil & discard onion rings.
7. Place on preheated medium/high heat grill.
8. Brush the ribs with Keto barbecue sauce.
9. Flip the ribs & grill for 10 minutes, with the grilled closed.
10. Repeat this process x2 until the ribs have cooked on the grill for about 30 mins total.
11. Remove the ribs when crusty sear has formed & have an internal temperature of 165°F.
Not Yo’ Founding Father’s Potato Salad
1 head of cauliflower, finely chopped
6 hard-boiled eggs
2 tbsp butter
½ cup pickles, chopped
¼ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp ranch dressing
1 tbsp mustard
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground pepper
1. Cover bottom of 12” skillet with water & bring to a boil.
2. Add cauliflower pieces & steam 3-5 minutes until tender.
*Do not overcook or salad will be mushy.
3. In separate skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender.
4. In a bowl, add 4 chopped eggs, pickles, sautéed onion, & cauliflower.
5. Mix remaining ingredients for dressing & add to cauliflower mixture.
6. Optional: Slice remaining eggs & place on top.
7. Chill in fridge 3-4 hours.